"You're never poor, just broke..."
Has been the mantra i have been following ever since I read it in a book a couple years ago. Has kept me happy, content, (and perpetually broke, but thats another matter) ever since.
Recent events, however, have had an impact on the believability of this mantra. Its a bit hazy, but lets try.
1) I was happy with my CD player and cell phone. Till I caught a rickshaw this morning, and saw that he had better stuff than i did.
2) I DIDN't lose money in the recent stock market crash. The country lost 7 trillion rupees, not even one of them was mine.
3) I`m 'broke' for >0.25 of the month.
4) People just assume I make more money than I actually do... no questions, no doubts. They're SURE of it.
5) When I correct them, they think I'm lying.
6)I wish there were less weekends in the month (thats right. I said LESS), simply because they are so damn expensive.
7)I have started saying "its not worth it" more often than I'd like to.
8)My laptop sucks so bad, when they play Call Of Duty(tm) on the office network, the server throws me out for being too slow.
9)My wallet has started to hurt my butt, because there are too many coins in it... (i`d prefer more notes)
10)I have a wish list, like everybody else... except that it looks more like a necessity list :(